We highly recommend using this safe technique to remove used tattoo gloves because doing so will prevent the transmission of bloodborne pathogens
Follow these five simple steps to remove used tattoo gloves safely:
- “Skin on skin, glove on glove,” is the basic rule to remember. Don’t forget this.
- Pinch the right glove and pull it down and off of your hand, turning it inside out.
- Pick this same glove in the palm of your left gloved hand without squeezing it to avoid splashing.
- Slide two bare fingers of your ungloved right hand under the remaining glove on the left hand, at the wrist, and pull it down and off your hand, turning it inside out.
- Dispose of the gloves properly.
- Wash your hands.
Here’s a helpful video on how to safely remove your used stick and poke tattoo gloves:
Remember to change gloves as many times as you need to avoid contamination. Never touch anything you plan to use twice (ink bottles for example) with dirty gloves that have potentially been in contact with blood.
Get the best nitrile gloves for stick and poke tattoo here.